Monday, September 9, 2013

Never-ending Supply of Scallions???

A week ago, I had to run to the store for scallions (green onions/spring onions/whatever you call them in your neck of the woods), in the middle of fixing dinner. I thought I had some, but when I pulled them out of the fridge, they were pretty much nothing but slime - I hate that they don't last for more than a few days. Anyway, as I cut off the root ends, I wondered what would happen if I just stuck them in a glass of water on the window sill. I used a shooter that I got at Target's One-Spot, so that they wouldn't drown. I hope you can see in this shot-with-my-phone picture that I have little sprouts coming up! I have changed the water twice this week. Wonder how long it will take to actually be able to harvest them? (I'll keep you posted.) Anyone have any experience with this?

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails