Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ethan's Quiet Book


Near completion! Yeah!!! The letters each hide somewhere on their page, and are attached with Velcro so that they can be used on the last page to practice spelling the little one's name and/or stored in the little pocket. The peanut in the elephant's mouth is on a string so that he can be "fed". The tent, of course, unzips; the fire hose winds around the carrier; the worm in the apple can be pulled part-way out, and the eggs can be removed from the nest and "cracked" open to reveal two birdies and the letter 'N'.

My kids actually got me my Cricut for my birthday last year thinking I could cut felt with it, and thus it would help me with my busy book designs, which I would love to grow into a business - they're so much fun to do. Now, with SCAL, I would have a blast making up patterns for cuts. If anyone has experience cutting felt or fabrics with their Cricut and would like to leave me some advice, I'm all for it!

5 comments:

JustYolie said...

What a darling lil book!

Unknown said...

Great project!

You won't be able to cut felt with your Cricut :( Sorry! You can cut some thin cotton fabrics if you make them stiff first with starch, but I can't imagine felt ever cutting with the Cricut & I'm a pretty avid user. I am hoping they eventually come out with a machine FOR fabric & felt, just like they now have one out for food! I'm crossing my fingers for that one! I'd love to do applique and such. I do felt crafts sometimes, but I do hate all that cutting!

lovemypaper said...

Very nice book!

Betik said...

Your book is darling. Thanks for sharing.
Beti

Elaine said...

The Cricut Maker machine will cut felt now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails