Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bold Graphic GRAD card


I just love bold graphics - whether on cards, home decor or fashion. My sweetie and I went to Philadelphia last year as part of our vacation (if you ever go you HAVE to see The Magic Gardens at 1020 South Street. Oh my goodness!!! http://www.phillymagicgardens.org/) We saw the iconic LOVE graphic art at the fountains downtown, and I saw a little girl wearing a T-shirt with the graphic on GMA the other day, and it hit me that I could make a few cool graduation cards pretty quickly with this graphic. Hope you can use it. It fits perfectly on the front of a 5x5" square card, and I have already posted directions for making an envelope to fit this size card, as well as a recipe for homemade envelope glue.

The svg can be downloaded for free here.

5 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Graduation post on May. 22, 2010. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [23 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Lisa Avolio said...

Great idea! Simple but effective. Thanks for sharing!

Aussie Carolyn said...

Thank you so much for this file. I am going through a big and bold, black and white phase and this card looks perfect.
I am hopefully going to need a lot of graduation files next year when my daughter (also called Laura)and her friends graduate.

Laura said...

Haha - Carolyn, you should see my living room right now! I am in the process of redecorating it, and big and bold, black and white describes it to a 'T'. We bought a WHITE couch at Ikea - with a washable slipcover on it, so bring on the grandchildren! I am recovering two easy chairs with WHITE slipcovers (ditto), I have a black area rug with big white rings, and some really graphic black, gray & white fabric for the throw pillows. All with some deep turquoise and kiwi green accents. Can't wait till it's done!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails