Monday, May 10, 2010

Father's Day Vest Card

 




This was fun to design and make, though I seriously need to go get some manly paper. I had to search a bit to come up with these. I'd love to do a tweedy one with a menswear  shirting stripe and a wild tie. Some baby buttons would be cute for a button-down collar.  You could also place a vest pocket inside with a secret little love note. 

My buttons are a little off center, so I modified the pattern (dressmaker talk for "svg" and/or "scut2") that you can buy for $3.00 US below. Cut the vest outside with the paper face down. I also enlarged the lining so that you can insert the brads for buttons before fastening down the inside lining on that edge, so that the brad points are completely enclosed. There are holes included in the svg for the brad placement. The shirt has tabs at the top for slipping down between the top of the lining and the vest. If you attach the two front edges (where the buttons go) first, you can easily slip the shirt in place and run some tape along the tab to stick it down. The "shirt & tie" flip up for the sentiment area. The pocket handkerchief is one of the leftover points from cutting the vest points out. Send me some pix if you use this!


I changed the tie to a more modern look in the file, as seen in the photos of a card sent to me by a customer, Mindy, a Close to My Heart consultant. Love that dark vest!

The svg is $3.00 USD. Please use the "Donate" button to order, and leave a note in the message box as to which file you're interested in. Thanks so much!

16 comments:

Aussie Carolyn said...

Wow, what a wonderful card. Thank you so much for sharing.

CAROLE said...

Thank you so much for this superb file - I really appreciate your willingness to share your time and talent.

Kay said...

What a cute card! Thanks for sharing your work with us!!

Unknown said...

what a wonderful idea, thanks

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [11 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

FifthAvenueGirl said...

Very clever card! TFS!

JustYolie said...

Oh my this card is so WONDERFUL!! Love it and thank you for sharing the cut file with us!

cplatter said...

Thank you so much for sharing such a cute card. It's a great father's day card!
Cheryl

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [11 May 10:02pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Cheri said...

I think you've chosen some very good "fabrics". In fact, I believe the brown "paisley" lining looks very familiar. LOL I think I have some of that too

happy2scrap56 said...

This is so cute, I made 6

Mindy said...

I can't wait to get the file and play with this!! Very creative!
Thank you!!

Taheerah said...

This is outstanding - what a card!! I just love it!!

Michele Kovack said...

What a fun card this is!!!

Betsy V said...

What a fun card! I love the way you added the colorful patterned paper as the lining of the vest...what a fun surprise!! Thanks for playing along with my challenge!

Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
Betsy Veldman

lovemypaper said...

Very nice card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails